Quick, simple, lactose-free and (most importantly) YUMMY!
- 1 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 c. olive oil (extra virgin, if available)
- 1 tblsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried sweet basil
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic (two cloves)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lactose-free shredded Parmesan, mozzarella and Romano (“Veggie Shreds” brand, if available)
- 1 loaf fresh baked French bread
Set aside a lightly greased baking sheet (greased with Fat free Pam, if available). Drain diced tomatoes and combine with olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Bruise oregeno and basil, stir into tomato mixture, and let stand for fifteen minutes or so.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Slice bread approximately 3/4″ thick and place on baking sheet. Spoon approximately a tablespoon of bruschetta onto each piece of bread, sprinkle cheese on top of each piece, and bake between fifteen to twenty minutes, until the edges of the bread are slightly toasted and the cheese is melted.
Serves between 1 to 8 bloggers. Enjoy!